Travel & Entertainment Overview
All travel and entertainment arrangements and reimbursements are handled via AggieTravel. Visit their site to access your profile and review UC Davis policies. Please refer to our AggieTravel Cheat Sheet for a general overview of submitting expenses for reimbursement.
AggieTravel: Creating an Expense Report
In order for Yellow Cluster Business Office staff to book travel or process reimbursements, access must be granted to your AggieTravel Profile:
- Sign in to your AggieTravel profile.
- Click on the 'Profile' tab in the upper right-hand corner. A menu with your name should open.
- Under your name, click on 'Profile Settings.'
- In the left-hand menu, click on 'Expense Delegates' (under the 'Expense Settings' header).
- Click the 'Add' button.
- You can search for delegates by name, email address, or employee ID. Please add all of the following business office staff as delegates:
- Patricia Schuler: paking
- Taleen Ledesma: talledes
- Mary Sanchez: emmie
- Once the desired delegate populates, click on their name to add them.
- Check the following permissions boxes:
- Can Prepare
- Can View Receipts
- Click the 'Save' button (next to the 'Add' button).
To avoid out-of-pocket expenses, the Yellow Cluster Business Office staff are able to book flights and hotels on your behalf. Please reach out to your business office contact to make arrangements.
You can submit travel expenses paid out of pocket (airfare, lodging, meals, parking, etc.) to your business office for reimbursement by turning in a Travel Reimbursement Request form. A few major policies to keep in mind when traveling and submitting expenses for reimbursement:
- All airfare and lodging receipts need to include a 'payment method' to show proof of payment.
- An itinerary/formal invitation needs to be included when reimbursing travel expenses related to a conference/seminar.
- The university will only reimburse the most economical mode of transportation (no first class).
- We can only reimburse up to $62 per day for meals and incidentals.
- Any expenses submitted (including expenses in routing) 60 days after your trip will be reported as taxable income.
Entertainments include costs for meals, light refreshments, or related supplies purchased in connection with events that are primarily business activities in support of the university's mission (meetings, orientations, etc.). Please visit AggieTravel's Entertainment page and their Allowable Expenses page for more detailed information and policies. Please note that departmental budget restrictions and alcohol policies may differ from the limits listed on these pages Check with your Business Office staff!
To submit entertainment expenses for reimbursement, please fill out an Entertainment Reimbursement Request form. All entertainment reimbursements need to include the following:
- Itemized receipts
- A list of all attendees and their affiliation with the university (a sign in sheet or roster will do)
- A poster/flyer/email announcement that includes details of the event